Saturday, January 5, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

December 31, 2012
Feliz Nuevo ano a todos!!!!! I just can't believe that how quickly time has flown here. I'm going on 5 months in the mission already! And looking back I've changed so so so much, and I'm looking forward to changing even more (because I know I have a TON of things to improve on...) but that's what life is about: changing, learning, growing! And that's why the Gospel is so important! It gives us the constancy and we need in this life to find and experience spiritual progression! 

It was SO good to talk to part of my family for Christmas, and even though Skype didn't work due to an icky power-outage in Houston, hearing their voices gave me that loving and uplifting boost that I needed, thankyou thankyou thankyou! And to the rest of you who I didn't get to talk to, I just want you to know how much I love you and miss you and I'm so grateful for all you do for me! I would love to hear and see more of what's going on in your lives! (My address is still 4945 Lincoln Way, Oakland CA 94602 and will stay that way as long as I'm assigned to the Visitors' Center :)

The Spanish is still coming; I'm speaking it a lot more, and Sister Garcia woke me up the other night after I supposedly woke HER up speaking Spanish in my sleep! So I guess that's a good sign! Sometimes I surprise myself with some of the phrases I didn't know I knew how to say and other times I open my mouth and nothing Spanish-sounding comes out... ay, solo practica practica practica! (Y fe en El Espirit--por su puesto... y confianza en mi mismo... y muchas cosas mas). 

Pero anyways, Sister Garcia and I have spent the day in the Visitors' Center (so the rest of the sisters can have p-day--so ours will be tomorrow) and tonight is our New Years Party!!!! The zone is all getting together at a member's home (they have a home-theater AND a popcorn machine!) and we get to watch BRAVE and Toy Story 3!!! It's going to be a BLAST!!! It's so great that the blessings the mission brings. And goodness, it's hard work, but we get to have SO MUCH FUN TOOO! 

The members are still taking really really good care of us! always helping us and inviting us to their homes. It's amazing how much love the true gospel of Jesus Christ brings in so many ways! I hope you start off this new year with the Lord by  your side, and let Him help you stay strong throughout the year by following His example and loving one another! 

Les Quiero MUCHO!!!!
Hermana Mitchell

Joshua 1:9

Elder Smith and Sister Mitchell. She gave him a huge hug through her hand shake :) love these two missionaries!
(Thanks Janalee for the photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment