Sunday, September 8, 2013

Septiembre!

I can't believe the months of August is OVER! It went by way too fast. I'm really looking forward to this month :) We have a temple trip coming up in just a couple weeks and 3 investigators with baptismal dates for the month, and we're going to do everything we can (with the Lord's help) to help them progress to the waters! It's the last week of the transfer and I really hope Sister Hewett and I stay together--if we do, it'll be a RECORD! the longest I've ever been with a companion so far has been 2 transfers, so we'll see! We are working really hard and continuing to see miracles daily. I've been able to see "the gift of tongues" (orthe ability to communicate this true message without error in a foreign language) influence our companionship and I've realized that it comes and goes depending faith and humility. It's hard to listen to the Spirit all the time! but it's supposed to be so we can change and grow. I've learned that that goes for a lot of things, not just Spanish or opening your mouth to everyone in your path, but even the small and simple things--stopping to ponder the scriptures, praying for your companion, looking for service opportunites wherever you go. Being a missionary is a life-changing experience, every day I wake up with a purpose in my heart--and that purpose is to bring to do God's will. The way I live my mission will be the way I live the rest of my life. I love you all, remember to be humble and patient, and trust in God, He won't lead you astray if you put your trust in him.
Les QUIERO muchisisisisimo!!
Hermanita Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment