Friday, June 7, 2013

Think cool!

It's finally P-day! Brentwood is HOT. Have I said that before? haha, well, It's getting hotter, and it won't cool off till Halloween from what we've heard--it's going to be a fun ride! We have members taking good care of us, we're all decked out with a cooler and freezer packs and otter-pops! so life's good :) Sad news though--I have to get an English name-tag since I'm serving in English, so I gues there goes my unique conversation starter that I can speak Spanish... but it'll be better so the people in my area can understand my tag and know that I'm a representative of Jesus Christ. As you know we've been working hard with the Less-Active members of our ward (there's about 200) and how we can help the ward members help fellowship and bring back these lost sheep. The less-active members like us, but we're only temporary, It's the members who need to go consistently devote just a little bit of their tiem to seeing, serving, loving, iniviting these members to come back because those relationships aren't temporary like ours! So Sister Woodruff and I had this brillliant idea to do a "Reactivation Attack" where we can go on team-ups with Visiting Teachers and have a designated day when the ward goes and meets/visits/serves/fellowships the less-actives they have been assigned to! We're going to have a Fireside and get the ward pumped up about it! This idea is still in the works, but the wheels are turnin'! we're excited about it :) Everything about being a missionary is AWESOME and I love it! I love the people we're teaching, I love the Ward, I love our Zone and District of missionaries! Time is flying by on wings of lightning! that makes me think of a hymn---can you name it?  

"Time flies on wings of lightning
we cannot call it back.
It comes, then passes forward,
along its onward thack.
And if we are not mindful,
the chance will fade away,
For life is quick in passing.
'Tis as a sinle day"

Its so true! Don't let those important little moments pass you by! that makes me think of my favorite Mormon Message, called Moments that Matter Most with President Uchtdorf. He said, "Digilently doing the things that matter most, will bring us to the Savior of the world."

Love you all,
have an AMAZING week!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment