Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Guess what?!

Hello dear family and friends!!! It is another GORGEOUS day in Brentwood, California. It's actually my last GORGEOUS day here. I got a call on Saturday night... I'm being transferred to San Mateo! Spanish again!! YAY! It's on the other side of the Bay, close to San Francisco! I have spent the last 10 months on the East side of the Bay! I've never once crossed a bridge, so I am SO excited to be going over to the city! I'm bummed because I've loved it here SO MUCH, the ward has become as close to me as my family and I'm so grateful for the time I've spent here. I've only been with sister Dorff for 10 days (that's a new record for the shortest time with a companion!) and I'll miss her a lot, she's only 1 month into the mission and she'll be training a new missionary already! She is so great, I know she'll be amazing!! We have 30 new missionaries coming in this transfer and only 8 of them are elders!

So I'm getting a new calling too, and I feel totally inadequate to fill it. I've been given the assignment of "Sister Training Leader" for the sisters in my area, which is basically the Zone Leader role, So my new companion (Sister Hewett, who is an incredible missionary--she trained MY trainer!) and I will be conducting companion exchanges in which we will teach and advise the sisters! I'm freaking out. We will also participate in trainings with the Mission President and his assistants. So... Pray for me please!!! I need all the help I can get. I know that the Lord has something big for me to learn, so tomorrow morning I'll be on my way to go learn it! I love being a missionary, filled with change and excitement and challenges.

That's all I have time to say, I've got to go pack, but I love you all!
I'm so grateful for the love and support you all send my way.
Have a BEAUTIFUL week and remember that walking by faith will bless you every hour!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment