Friday, June 14, 2013

Hello Family and Friends! This week has been quite the crazy one! for starters, Sister Woodruff went home :( She's been battling some things for a long time and received a medical release and flew on Friday, the day before our  Baptism on Saturday! It was so sad that she wasn't there for it, but she was still a big part of teaching Sis. Judd and I'll never forget the time we spent together teaching her. My new companion is Sister Dorff. She's from Japan! Her dad is American and her mom's Japanese, they served in the same mission (but not at the same time) and it's an adorable story.She has been in the misison field for 3 weeks now and jumped in here where she was needed with full-hearted excitement! Her energy is contageous! Saturday morning we had a fun service project at the local highschool cleaning up after their all-night graduation party! Our whole district was part of it--I'll send some pictures, It was so fun! We then were treated to breakfast and that was great! then we changed and got ready for Baptism! It was amazing to feel the spirit there, her family coming  together and making this promise to Heavenly Father together. I gave a little talk on the Holy Ghost and I feel so blessed to have been a part of everything. I know that the Lord gives us new opportunities and lets us decide what to do with them, and I'm trying to love the Lord and serve Him the very best I can.
Have a wonderful week, I love you all dearly!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment