Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October!

This week was AMAZING! General Conference was an extra special boost! On Saturday we went to a wonderful member's house to watch it and our Peruvian investigator Mike came! The one who prayed and fasted so things could work out with his work! about a month ago he started to get really really busy and wasn't able to meet with us for a while, but just last week he called us and said he's been reading from the Book of Mormon again! I know he'll be baptized soon! just 2 more times at church, he's so ready!! He really liked conference too, I think I may have seen his eyes water from Elder Holland's talk :) and WOW  I loved President Uchtdorf's talk, It's given me a new moto for myself, "Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we stand up dust ourselves off, and stride forward." It's so true. We won't get any stronger if we give up everytime a trial comes our way, and it's likely that more trials will come our way after we show that we can push through it with faith in the Lord... and that's how we're truly changed and refined. I'm so grateful to be a missionary NOW!

On Sunday we watched conference in the Stake center, and even though it was great in Spanish, there's just something extra special about hearing the actual voices of the Prophet and Apostles. between sessions the Tongan ward made a HUGE lunch for all of us! Tongans are the BEST!  We enjoyed a buffet of rice, meatballs, fish-heads(yes I ate it and it was delicious), chicken, steak, pasta, and sweet-potatoes! I love how food is such a defining characteristic in different cultures! :) and this mission is FILLED with diversity, I feel so blessed!

So Sister Hewett and I are now officially English teachers! We started our English class last Tuesday and we'll be holding our second one tomorrow night, hopefully we'll have more than one student like our first class.... we've been placing a ton of fliers up in different places like laundromats and restaurants in hopes that news will spread :) The elders in our ward had a baptism from their English class, and Sister Hewett and I need to do some FINDING since we've dropped almost all of our investigators and started over, so we're EXCITED! :) Sister Hewett only has 2 weeks left, so I'm trying to brace myself for when she goes! The ward loves her so much, and so do all the sister missionaries, she has been such wonderful sister training leader, and example to me! Well, I've got to go, the work continues, please join in and help spread the joy of the gospel to those around you, because it's truly for everyone :)
LES QUIERO!!!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment