Monday, February 4, 2013

Hola!


Hola Familia y Amigos! This week has been amazing! It started with some bad news, turns out Joseph won't be baptized this Saturday, He's letting the noise of the world get to him and is beginning to doubt a lot, said he's not going to do it. But I know that he knows it's true, he's just got to tune out that noise and static of the negative things around him make that step! I'm still praying for him and the missionaries that will continue to teach him. BUT here in Hayward we are working with a little family and they are just amazing, the Mom, Angelica, is incredible, she works so long and so hard just to provide for her family. the oldest boy, Brandon who's 16, was recently in prison for... something... but he is so humble, he is making big changes in his life and gives the most sincere prayers, and there's little Juliana, she's 10 and just so bright and sensitive to the spirit. We had a really amazing lesson with them this last week about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and what we all need to do here on earth to return to live again with God and our families forever and they all said that they want to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized! It's just amazing! The thing is now they need to show their desire and commitment to God by actually going to church and reading and praying (which they haven't really done yet) so we'll be working HARD with them! Being a missionary is amazing, I'm learning soooo much and doing my best to teach from my heart, in unity with Hermana Ferguson, with the Spirit guiding us. I'm understanding and speaking more and more, and I can feel the love and support from all of you, from my Savior, and from my Heavenly Father every day.
All my love, until next week,
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment