Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 6 already??


Hola Familia y amigos!
I can't believe how quickly the time is flying by here--it blows my miiiiinnnnnd! I love it here at the MTC and I'm beginning to realize how much I'm going to miss it when I leave--but ther are also those things that I'm so excited to leave for  too (like having REAL investigators and putting what I'm learning here to the test!) So guess what?! I'm the new Coordinating Sister! It's fun, I get to go to extra meetings and be the keeper of the Mail and learn now to improve my leadership skills. I'm so grateful that my companion Hermana Becar was the first CS, I learned a lot by her great example. Hermana Becar is the sister going to The Dominican Republic and she was supposed to leave a few weeks back for the MTC down there, but it turns out there's no room there for her, so we get to keep her! which makes me really happy, she's such a strength in our tri-panionship! Hermana Williams (my other companion) is getting sick :( she's had a super sore throat and it's turning into a cough, kinda like I had, but they think it's strep, not bronchitis. she got so anti-biotics so 'sall good). I love my campanions :) we're really learning how to teach well together.

So--cat's out of the bag--My district found out that I like to draw and is always coming to me with fun little art projects to do--it's pretty great, but kind of hard to find time for it ;) but don't worry I'm working hard, resisting the urge to draw for hours on end (y'all know I definitely would if I could). I bought this pretty leather journal to take to devotionals and workshops and firesides, kind of an "inspiration" journal, and I started etching my name into it with my earring and then it turned in to big flowers and well long story short I'm doing a couple more now for some elders in my district :) don't worry, I found a better tool to use than an earring :D I'm also finding more and more opportunities to participate in music, There is a new elder in our Zone who has played flute for 10 years and it pretty amazing, this Sunday I'll be accompanying him in a beautiful arrangement of "Nearer My God to Thee" and I'm so excited! Sister Williams and I are still planning on auditioning tomorrow for a special musical number for a fireside or Relief Society meeting or something (as long as she can still sing, her throat is starting to get better, but it may be next week). We're singing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul," If you haven't heard it, you should youtube it or something--it is one of my new favorite songs of all time :)

Thank you all for your letters and DearElders, it's so much fun to hear about what's going on in your lives, they really make my day every time :)

So Tuesdays are my favorite days, there's a fun workshop every afternoon after GYM and  I LOVE Devotional and being able to sing in the choir, It's such a great day. Yesterday we were teaching our "investigator" and asked her if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized so she can receive even more blessings from her Heavenly Father because of her obedience and she said that she really wants to, but she has to talk to her Mom. I'm really really really hoping her mother says YES! It was such a good feeling, our investigators kept changing so often that we never got this far with one before and I'm really gaining a great love for her as we work with her (and she's just my teacher--Hermana Savage, who is the BEST by the way--acting as an investigator), I just can't wait to get into the field!
So last week in the temple I was flipping through the Bible and I found a new favorite scripture. Isaiah 12:2-5. I love it, so look it up :) It expresses everything I feel in my heart and want to express about my Savior.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thank You for your prayers and love and support!

Jena: I got the shirts right after I sent that letter last week saying how excited I was for them! I like them a lot! thank you thank you thank you! they're going to be just great. I love you!

Mom: Yes, my shoes are great, my clothes are great, everything's working very well :) But I'm thinking about buying new English scriptures (a couple nore pages came out of my quad and I'm a little worried about it) what do you think about that? I know it would be expensive... so just tell me what you think :) In the meanwhile I'll try gluing them back in.

los quiero muchisimo!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment