Wednesday, September 19, 2012

HOLA!


Hello Family and Friends!

This week has been full of awesomeness! First off, I can't belive it's week 7 already. Time here is flying--and I still have SO MUCH to learn, but I also feel like I've come a long long way :) So what happened since last Wenesday? Thursday was great, but long. We start with service at 6 am and end with TRC (I told y'all about the Teaching Resource Center, right? Where we teach volunteers--It's always an awesome experience). This last TRC was good, but hard, I had been SO tired all day, and I was nervous that my brain wouldn't be up to communicating in Spanish--I seriously felt like a Zombie. BUT my companions and I said a prayer and went in to teach about the importance of going to church, how it's a commandment from God, what blessings we receive by being obedient, and how we can feel the Holy Ghost and receive help and guidance from him as part of our Sudnay worship.  We knock on the door and introduce ourselves as missionaries to this sweet old lady, native to Mexico. SHE. SPOKE. SO. FAST. I definitely struggled understanding everything she was saying, but She shared her amazing conversion experience involving 2 sister missionaries, that she was the first of her family to follow Christ and be Baptized, and how now her ENTIRE FAMILY are ALL members and it was just because that one day the missionaries acted upon a prompting to go talk to her. It is so amazing to see what's possible, and what's in store for the future.

Thursday afternoon, Hermana Williams and I auditioned to perform in a Fireside or other MTC meeting, we did really well, but there were a lot of people auditioning who are leaving sooner than us, so naturally they're on the top of the list, but they gave us great pointers and we're going to go back in tomorrow and re-audition so we can be on top of the list again! AND this last Sunday, I accompanied an amazing Elder in my Zone for "Nearer, My God, To Thee" on the Flute and it was so much fun, we're going to audition with that piece tomorrow too, so HOPEFULLY I'll get to do SOMETHING musical for a big meeting before leaving... I hope they don't get tired of me in the audition room.... :)

So this last Sunday for Relief Society, Sister Sherri Dew came and spoke to us, and she is just so incredible. Her words are so strong, and she is an amazing example to all of us women in the church. she gave us sister missionaries empowering words about how on our missions we will learn things from the Lord by serving others that we can't learn any other way--She testified about how much Heavenly Father loves us and how we are here on Earth at this time for the glorious purpose of bringing others into the fold of Christ, and I felt so much strength and love and purpose. I love being here, I love being a missionary.

SPANISH!!! It's hard. We keep on learning new verb conjugations and I feel like I can't keep them all straight in my my mind! especially all the irregulars and the different forms of past and oh my goodness SUBJUNCTIVE is really giving me a run for my money. I really need to practive speaking more, that's my biggest downfall, I can write it and think it, but for some reason, saying is is different. But I'm praying for help and It's coming, line upon line.

Devotional yesterday was awesome--We had Elder Koelliker from the quorum of the seventycome and speak to us, We sang an amazing rendition of "Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer" and it was SO powerful. I love it. It may be my last time singing in the choir because we have rehearsals on Sunday and this next sunday we get to see and participate in the broadcast  of the Brigham City Temple dedication, the Sunday after that is Fast Sunday, after that is General Conference, and after that I leave!!! So yeah, I was so grateful for yesterday's experience singing, I could feel the Spirit so strongly--Music is so amazing.

my Email time is up, sorry I'm so slow, I feel like I don't get a lot sent out to all of you in these emails, but I want you all to know that I am learning and growing so much in my faith in Jesus Christ and my communication abilities, I know I'm supposed to be here, and I am SO GRATEFUL for family and friends like you to love and support me.

Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Mitchell

P.S. Thanks for all your loving packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment