Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This is IT!

I can't even begin to BELIEVE that this is my last email as a missionary. This last week has been so FULL of miracles--as always, but extra special! We have been working REALLY hard! Teaching when we find and finding when we teach, this week we found 4 new investigators, which is really good for our area! We had our last zone meeting this week and I bore my testimony with the other departing missionaries for the rest of our zone members, I'm the only sister in the Zone going home, and I even got a little misty while sharing my testimony! I have loved serving the Lord here in Oakland/SF.

I was also very blessed to go to the TEMPLE! with President and Sister Meredith, I will miss them SO MUCH! they truly were my spiritual parents here while I was away from my real parents (don't worry Mom and Dad, I was well taken care of). I love them a lot.

The last exchange. It was SO full of miracles! I went to the Samoan sister's area (their area is HUGE--it covers the entire peninsula) and It is always so humbling to be with them. Their members are amazing missionaries! They helped us out so much this week, we went on splits and were able to teach so many lessons and the spirit was so strong! I had Turkey Tail for the last time in probably a long time--oooooh Samoan barbeque! Also, Sister Fitu gave me a beautiful hand-made skirt from Samoa as a going-away present. I love her! and I feel so blessed.

Mike passed the Sacrament! Now THAT was the cherry on the cake! I could not have asked for anything greater than to see Mike use the Priesthood that he was so recently given! It was so amazing. Also during Sacrament Meeting yesterday I sang in our last trio with Socorro and Hermana McLaws! We sang "Jehova Mi pastor es" in a capella 3 part harmony! I will definitely miss that.
Well, there's 2 minutes left on my computer and there's lots of packing to do on this last P-day, so I hope you all know that I love you, and I could not have done this missionary work without your love, prayers, support, and encouragement! The Lord will bless you so much!!!
See you soon!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment