Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CRAZIness!!!

Hello to ALL!! Wasn't General Conference AMAZING?! We were SO blessed as missionaries to have the opportunity to watch conference in the homes of members! It was so nice to be in a home watching conference on a COUCH! I felt like President Uchtdorf's talk was directed right at me. There is so much darkness in the world, and there are people everywhere around us who are struggling with that darkness deep within them, they need to find the light and feel of its warmth and peace! I felt like the Lord was telling me to be that light--to help others find out HOW they can get the darkness out of their lives COMPLETELY, the world is always going to be full of darkness, pain, sorrow--the Lord can control and calm the tempests and storms--so why doesn't he stop them? instead He offers to calm our souls so we can continue on through them with His light inside. I feel so blessed to be a missionary now. Sister Woodruff and I are SO much alike it's kind of weird, but a HUGE blessing (and I swear she came pre-trained, I'm learning so much from her). We're trying to start pretty much from scratch here in Brentwood, the Elders left us very little to go off, just a list of Less Active members, which we have been slowly getting to know and trying to serve and invite and encourage them to come back into the fold. I know that as we work with them and bring them back, we'll find new people to teach along the way. We are finding how wonderful the members are out here in Brentwood, they really do take such great care of us, and after a couple weeks things are definitely looking up :) Well that's pretty much it, I hope this week is incredible for you all! And that you take the counsil you received from the Holy Ghost through the words of the prophet, seers, and revelators this weekend, and ACT upon it! Love you ALL!
Hermana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment